Dear Friends and Family of Libana,
We are all focused on the immediate health of our loved ones and of our world during this global pandemic, which knows no borders. The members of Libana do hope that you and yours are safe at this time of uncertainty. It’s so powerful to see people putting the greater good of community above themselves through acts of kindness, offering support, and creating beauty to be shared with others. Now, more than ever, we need the power of music and the arts to heal, provide inspiration, and bring people together.
Libana needs your Support!
As you know, the widespread cancellation of cultural programming is having a profound effect on most arts organizations and individual artists, including Libana. We have cancelled spring concerts, workshops, and rehearsals, not knowing when we will be together again. In addition, Libana’s founder and artistic director Susan Robbins recently had to close her community performance venue, teaching space and Libana's creative home after 16 years (Third Life Studio in Union Square, Somerville, MA) due to an outrageous rent increase. Fortunately, she has found a new creative home in Watertown (MA) and is ready to open her studio and continue her work as an inspiring vocal teacher and group leader. But, with this strange new thing called “social distancing”, Susan’s students are unable to attend lessons - and her beloved group singing circles cannot gather to sing in community. Thus, musical activities and significant revenue sources have stopped for both Libana and our artistic director. Libana is experiencing the unforeseen need to focus on surviving the devastating financial impact caused by COVID-19.
Community * Inspiration * Creativity * Healing
In this time of need we are asking you, our loyal audience and supporters, to ensure that Libana will prevail during these uncertain times. The challenges we face from this crisis are evolving and unprecedented. At the same time, we are in this together and there is an urgency to respond with generosity and action. Your financial support at this time will help see Libana through this crisis so that our music can continue to feed your soul and provide a haven for creativity.
Please consider supporting our work by
1) Making a generous tax-deductible gift to Libana to help us cover costs due to cancellation of concerts and workshops; please use the donate button at the top of this page.
2) Designating your gift to our Artistic Director Fund, which will assist Susan Robbins with financial support as a freelance musician and teaching artist (once you have clicked on the above donate button, please indicate this designation choice by clicking on "(Optional) Use this donation for. . ."
(If you prefer to send your donation by mail, please download the Return Card from
the link at the bottom of this page and send with your check--thank you!)
Libana is a 501(C)3 nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
3) Purchasing Libana’s newest CD, Through the Darkness, for yourself or a friend here (special multiple copy pricing available!)
4) Purchasing Libana’s other recordings and songbooks for yourself or a friend here
5) Download all our music at amazon, itunes or any of your favorite music sites
We believe that we can and do draw strength from the communities to which we belong. It is in this spirit that Libana thanks you for your continued dedication, generosity, and belief in what we have given the world through our 40 years of musical offerings. We look forward to bringing you the power of music in person when “the bad times are over and the women are going to dance.”
Thank you for your support and BE WELL!
Cheryl Weber, Founding Member of Libana